2017-2018 Presidential Undergraduate Research Scholars Selected
Eight UO undergraduate students majoring in chemistry, physics, and the earth sciences have been selected as 2017-2018 Presidential Undergraduate Research Scholars.
This is the third cohort of the Presidential Undergraduate Research Scholars program coordinated in collaboration between the Richmond Science Group and the Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program. The PURS program provides undergraduate students in the fields of chemistry, physics, earth sciences and mathematics with an opportunity conduct research during the academic year under the guidance of a UO faculty member. The program emphasizes engaging students in research that are from populations underrepresented in these fields.
The 2017-2018 Presidential Undergraduate Research Scholars are:
- Olivia Anderson, Earth Sciences, Ray Weldon (faculty mentor)
- Jacob Bieker, Physics and Computer & Information Science, Raghuveer Parthasarathy (faculty mentor)
- Evelyn Meador, Earth Sciences, Josh Roering (faculty mentor)
- Dylan Carlini, Earth Sciences, Samantha Hopkins (faculty mentor)
- Maria Dresser, Physics and Mathematics, Tristan Ursell (faculty mentor)
- Taylor Contreras, Physics, Stephanie Majewski (faculty mentor)
- Alex Lygo, Chemistry and Physics, David Johnson (faculty mentor)
- Shayan Louie, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Ramesh Jasti (faculty mentor)
Visit the PURS website for more detailed information.