2019-2020 Presidential Undergraduate Research Scholars Selected
Seven UO undergraduate students majoring in chemistry, physics, and computer and information science have been selected as 2019-2020 Presidential Undergraduate Research Scholars.
The Presidential Undergraduate Research Scholars program is a collaboration between the Richmond Science Group and the Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program. The PURS program provides undergraduate students with an opportunity conduct research during the academic year under the guidance of a UO faculty member. The program emphasizes engaging students in research that are from populations underrepresented in these fields.
The 2019-2020 Presidential Undergraduate Research Scholars are:
- Nicole Wales, Chemistry, Mark Lonergan (faculty mentor)
- Daniel Sellers, Physics, Benjamin McMorran (faculty mentor)
- Jake Olsen, Chemistry, Marina Guenza (faculty mentor)
- Daria Wonderlick, Biochemistry, Mike Harms (faculty mentor)
- Alyssa Huque, Computer and Information Science, Mathematics, and Political Science, Thanh Nguyen (faculty mentor)
- Sylvia Mason, Physics, Stephanie Majewski (faculty mentor)
- Parker Morris, Chemistry, Amanda Cook (faculty mentor)
Visit the PURS website for more detailed information.