Undergraduate Research Leaders
UROP is currently seeking outstanding undergraduate researchers to serve as Undergraduate Research Leaders.
This small cohort of students will act as key members of the UROP team and serve as advocates for undergraduate research and creative scholarship at the University of Oregon.
The initial application deadline is Wednesday, October 23. Positions will be open until filled.
- Act as advocates for undergraduate research at the University of Oregon as well as UROP’s programs, services, and resources
- Act as a peer mentor to undergraduate students interested in research
- Attend monthly meetings with UROP staff
- Act as evaluators for the spring UROP Mini-grant funding cycle
- Give presentations at information sessions as well as by request from student groups, programs, and classes
- Serve as volunteers at the Undergraduate Research Symposium
- Opportunity to positively impact the educational experience of your peers.
- Learn how to coordinate a Mini-grant program (spring term) and evaluate research proposals.
- Outreach and leadership experience.
- Engage in professional development workshops hosted by UROP staff.
- Practice your public speaking by promoting undergraduate research to student groups.
- Leadership experience for your résumé and the opportunity for an excellent letter of recommendation.
- Network with students, faculty, and staff on campus.
- Current University of Oregon student.
- Equivalent of one academic year of research experience (3 quarters) OR a full-time summer research experience.
- Presented at the Undergraduate Research Symposium or other academic conference.