UROP Common Reading Essay Contest
The Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program and the Common Reading Program invite undergraduates to submit essays to the UROP Common Reading Essay Contest
Eligibility: All UO undergraduates who have read Between the World and Me
- Explores the themes of Between the World and Me.
- Demonstrates that the student has studied the text closely and critically.
- Displays a critical awareness of the strategies used by the author.
- Contains a clear and specific thesis, uses evidence from the text to support the thesis, and provides a clear argument for the student’s interpretation of the text.
- Essay is well written, includes fully developed and well-organized paragraphs, and is free of grammatical errors.
- 6,000 words maximum
- 1.5 line spacing
- Times font
- 12 point font size
Deadline and Submission Instructions: Participants must submit their essay to email@example.com by March 10, 2017.
Award: Two prizes of $100.00 awarded to the top essays written by a freshman and a non-freshman student. Authors of the winning essays and the runners up will present their essays on a panel at the Undergraduate Symposium on May 18.